As of April 11, 2022 the SuperClinic is full with 24 pilots confirmed. Pilots applying will be now will be put on a waiting list in case there are any cancellations.
June 17-23, 2022
The SuperClinic is a training course designed around the group of paragliding students applying. The goal is to improve piloting skills to the point participants are more confident in their thermalling and cross country flying skills such that they can confidently compete in race to goal competitions.
Student to Instructor ratio will be a maximum of 10 to 1. Pilots must apply and then proceed to payment AFTER they have been emailed and acceptance by the instructors.
Ciara Kamahele, a Salt Lake basic instructor, and *Will Taylor, a local tandem instructor, will be joining Ken Hudonjorgensen this year. Ken, Ciara, and Will are a great team and will give SuperClinic pilots all the information they need to improve skills and navigate the Applegate valley. Click here for bios.
This is world class training at a world class site with world class instruction.
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Local flying area map
- Lecture sessions
- Thermalling efficiency, winglistics and xc
- Ground drills
- Thermalling efficiency, winglistics
- Dedicated retrieve vehicle
Training times may vary depending on the weather conditions. The typical day is flying in the morning before the Open and Sprint racers start and again after the racers have launched. Lectures and Ground Drills are either on launch in the morning or along with a de-brief in the afternoon. If there is a weather day, expect a lot more class time.
Minimum pilot qualifications:
- P3 pilot rating
- P2 pilot rating with at least 10 hours of flight time and at least 75 flights with 10 of them being high altitude launches .
- Some thermalling and ridge soaring experience.
- Good kiting, forward launch, reverse inflation and landing skills.
Highly recommended (but not required):
- SIV training
Minimum equipment requirements:
- VHF radio capable of receiving and transmitting on USHPA frequencies
- Cell phone with a U.S. carrier
- SPOT or INReach Satellite tracker
- Reserve parachute repacked within the last 12 months
- Manuals for all your flight instruments and radios
March 1- May 6, 2021 (normal registration)
SuperClinic $770 plus $30 RVHPA local club membership $800 Total
May 7-June 17, 2021 (late registration)
SuperClinic $870 plus $30 RVHPA local club membership $900 Total
Any Questions Please contact:
*Note: Unfortunately as of April 20, 2022 USHPA has notified us that due to some administrative issues Nick Crane will not be allowed to work with the SuperClinic this year.