June 13-20, 2020
The SuperClinic is a training course designed around the group of paragliding students applying. The goal is to improve piloting skills to the point participants are more confident in their thermalling and cross country flying skills such that they can confidently compete in race to goal competitions.
Student to Instructor ratio will be a maximum of 10 to 1. Pilots must apply and then proceed to payment AFTER they have been emailed and acceptance by the instructors.
Kari Castle and Ken Hudonjorgensen are returning as SuperClinic instructors. These two combined have over 70 years of instructing experience. They will give you the information; how you apply it is determined by your skill and clarity. Click here for instructor bios.
This is world class training at a world class site with world class instruction.
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Local flying area map
- Lecture sessions
- Thermalling efficiency, winglistics and xc
- Ground drills
- Thermalling efficiency, winglistics
- Dedicated retrieve vehicle
Training times may vary depending on the weather conditions. The typical day is flying in the morning before the Open and Sprint racers start and again after the racers have launched. Lectures and Ground Drills are either on launch in the morning or along with a de-brief in the afternoon. If there is a weather day, expect a lot more class time.
Minimum pilot qualifications:
- P3 pilot rating
- P2 pilot rating with at least 10 hours of flight time and at least 75 flights with 10 of them being high altitude launches .
- Some thermalling and ridge soaring experience.
- Good kiting, forward launch, reverse inflation and landing skills.
Highly recommended (but not required):
- SIV training
Minimum equipment requirements:
- VHF radio capable of receiving and transmitting on USHPA frequencies
- Cell phone with a U.S. carrier
- SPOT or INReach Satellite tracker
- Reserve parachute repacked within the last 12 months
- Manuals for all your flight instruments and radios
February 1- May 2, 2020 (normal registration)
SuperClinic $675 plus $20 RVHPA local club membership $695 Total
May 3-June 12, 2020 (late registration)
SuperClinic $775 plus $20 RVHPA local club membership $795 Total
Any Questions Please contact Ken or Kari: